Published in August 2015 for the 2015-16 program year.
This guide will help you help students and families through the application process for Title IV aid. Lessons cover the formats of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), the information needed to complete the FAFSA on the Web (FOTW) Worksheet, application output, and changing application data.
Available as a PDF only.
Lesson 1: The Free Application for Student Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- Know how to apply for Title IV aid for the 2014–15 award year; and
- Be able to identify and describe the versions of the FAFSA students may use to apply for Title IV aid.
Lesson 2: Application Process
- Provide general information on proper completion of the FAFSA; and
- Identify areas where mistakes are commonly made.
Lesson 3: Processing FAFSA Data and Application Output
- Understand how FAFSA data is processed; and
- Recognize the various application output documents.
Lesson 4: Changing Applicant Data
- Understand the difference between corrections, updates, and adjustments;
- Know how to submit changes to applicant data;
- Recognize when dependency overrides are not appropriate; and
- Understand when a school may accept a dependency override performed by another institution.