Please be sure to read the following before purchasing a NASFAA U test.
- The person taking the test must purchase the test via the online store. You cannot purchase a test for other staff members or colleagues. The test is linked to the purchaser's email address.
- Each purchase includes two attempts for the purchaser to take the test (if needed). If you do not pass the first attempt, the second attempt will automatically become available within the testing center.
- Tests must be completed within 40 days of the purchase date. Both the first and second attempts at the test must be utilized within the 40-day testing window. To request a testing period extension, please review our Exam Extension Appeal Policy.
- Each subject test can be purchased once within an eighteen month period. Changing the purchase quantity in the shopping basket will not provide more test attempts for that subject.
- If you are not successful with your first two attempts, you may purchase a re-test from the online store, which will provide two more test attempts. The re-test for each subject can only be purchased once within an eighteen month period. The quantity cannot be changed in your shopping cart.
- Please contact email@example.com to discuss additional testing opportunities if you are unsuccessful.
- Once you purchase a test, your two test attempts will appear automatically in the testing center.
- You will need your NASFAA login (email and password) to access the testing center.
- Most tests will contain a combination of multiple-choice and scenario-based questions.
- Once you begin a test, you have 90 minutes to complete your test.
- Do not share the questions and answers you are presented during this test with any other parties.
- After you complete a test, the system lets you know whether you passed or not.
- All scores are confidential; instead, a Diagnostic Report will show how you did in each subject area of that test.
- The testing center has scheduled maintenance windows on the first Saturday of each month from 8:00 PM ET to 1 AM ET. The testing center will not be availalbe during those times, so please plan accordingly.
- NASFAA encourages all test-takers to prepare in one or more of the following ways:
- Review relevant legislation, as well as the most recent regulatory guidance available from the U.S. Department of Education;
- Study the corresponding self-study guide; or
- Participate in the corresponding online course.
- Exam accommodations are available upon request. Please review our Exam Accommodation Policy for more information.
- If you are taking the test based on your experience, you are required to provide a resume showing five years of experience prior to taking a test. You will not receive a credential until the resume is provided, even if you pass both parts of the test.
- Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.