Nominations for this award category are only accepted from the six regional associations. The NASFAA Regional Leadership Award is presented to individuals, who need not be financial aid administrators, who have made outstanding contributions to the financial aid profession at the regional and state levels over a sustained period of time. Leadership at the national level is not a criterion for this award. Current members of NASFAA's Board of Directors, including non-voting members, are not eligible to receive this award.
The individuals selected for this award must:
- Exhibit high integrity and character
- Have shown creative leadership
- Have inspired and encouraged others to participate actively in professional development activities
- Have continued active involvement in professional organizations after holding elected office
- Have supported the goals and objectives of NASFAA.
2016-17 NASFAA Regional Leadership Award Winners
One award is given in each of NASFAA’s six regions. The following were awarded in 2017:
- EASFAA – Brian Lemma, associate director of financial aid, Georgetown University
- MASFAA – Paula Luff, associate vice president, enrollment services, DePaul University
- RMASFAA – Carolyn Halgerson, director of financial aid, South Dakota State University
- SASFAA – Jeffrey Dennis, director of financial aid, Greenville Technical College
- SWASFAA – Andrew Hammontree, director of financial aid, Francis Tuttle Technology Center
- WASFAA – Mindy Bergeron, director of financial aid, John F. Kennedy University
Past winners list (PDF)