Nominations for this award category are only accepted from the six regional associations. The NASFAA Regional Leadership Award is presented to individuals, who need not be financial aid administrators, who have made outstanding contributions to the financial aid profession at the regional and state levels over a sustained period of time. Leadership at the national level is not a criterion for this award. Current members of NASFAA's staff and NASFAA's Board of Directors, including non-voting members, are not eligible to receive this award.
The individuals selected for this award must:
- Exhibit high integrity and character
- Have shown creative leadership
- Have inspired and encouraged others to participate actively in professional development activities
- Have continued active involvement in professional organizations after holding elected office
- Have supported the goals and objectives of NASFAA.
The NASFAA Awards Nomination process is now open for member nominations until February 14, 2020. Winners will be announced this summer at the NASFAA National Conference.
2018-19 NASFAA Regional Leadership Award Winners
One award is given in each of NASFAA's six regions. The following were awarded in 2018:
- EASFAA – Wynette Zuppardi, director of financial services, Brown University
- MASFAA – Susan Swisher, executive director of financial aid, Saint Xavier University
- RMASFAA – David Martin, director of financial aid, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
- SASFAA – Amy Berrier, assistant director for operations, financial aid office, The University of North Carolina, Greensboro
- SWASFAA – Denise Welch, director of financial aid, Panola College
- WASFAA – Frank Green, president, Travel Institute of the Pacific
Past winners list