The NASFAA Regional Leadership Award is presented to individuals, who need not be financial aid administrators, who have made outstanding contributions to the financial aid profession at the regional and state levels over a sustained period of time, i.e., seven years or more. Leadership at the national level is not a criterion for this award. Current members of NASFAA's Board of Directors, including non-voting members, are not eligible to receive this award.
The individuals selected for this award must:
- Exhibit high integrity and character;
- Have shown creative leadership;
- Have inspired and encouraged others to participate actively in professional development activities;
- Have continued active involvement in professional organizations after holding elected office; and
- Have supported the goals and objectives of NASFAA.
The nomination process is now closed. The 2015 winners will be announced at the 2015 NASFAA National Conference in New Orleans, LA.
2013-14 NASFAA Regional Leadership Award Winners
One award is given in each of NASFAA’s six regions. The following were awarded in 2014:
- EASFAA – Rich Heath, Director of Student Financial Services at Anne Arundel Community College in Maryland
- MASFAA – Diane Lambart-Fleming, Former Associate Director from Central Michigan University
- RMASFAA – Brenda Hicks, Director of Financial Aid at Southwestern College in Kansas
- SASFAA – Sandra Neel, Executive Director of Financial Aid at the University of Louisville
- SWASFAA – Liza Blazer, Associate Vice President for Financial Aid and Enrollment Services at University of Texas at San Antonio
- WASFAA – Kay Soltis, Director of Financial Aid at Pacific Lutheran University in Washington
See the past winners list, available in PDF format.