The NASFAA Regional Leadership Award is presented to individuals, who need not be financial aid administrators, who have made outstanding contributions to the financial aid profession at the regional and state levels over a sustained period of time, i.e., seven years or more. Leadership at the national level is not a criterion for this award. Current members of NASFAA's Board of Directors, including non-voting members, are not eligible to receive this award.
The individuals selected for this award must:
- Exhibit high integrity and character;
- Have shown creative leadership;
- Have inspired and encouraged others to participate actively in professional development activities;
- Have continued active involvement in professional organizations after holding elected office; and
- Have supported the goals and objectives of NASFAA.
The 2016 award winners will be announced at the 2016 NASFAA National Conference in Washington, DC.
2014-15 NASFAA Regional Leadership Award Winners
One award is given in each of NASFAA’s six regions. The following were awarded in 2015:
- EASFAA – Larry Chambers, Director of Financial Aid, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- MASFAA – Richard Shipman, Director of Financial Aid, Michigan State University
- RMASFAA – Sharon Kienow, Financial Aid Director, Northern State University
- SASFAA – Brad Barnett, Senior Associate Director, James Madison University
- SWASFAA – Lisa Hopper, Director of Financial Aid, National Park Community College
- WASFAA – Sandra Guidry, Awards/Special Projects Coordinator, University of Nevada – Reno
See the past winners list, available in PDF format.