The NASFAA Regional Leadership Award is presented to individuals, who need not be financial aid administrators, who have made outstanding contributions to the financial aid profession at the regional and state levels over a sustained period of time, i.e., seven years or more. Leadership at the national level is not a criterion for this award. Current members of NASFAA's Board of Directors, including non-voting members, are not eligible to receive this award.
The individuals selected for this award must:
- Exhibit high integrity and character
- Have shown creative leadership
- Have inspired and encouraged others to participate actively in professional development activities
- Have continued active involvement in professional organizations after holding elected office
- Have supported the goals and objectives of NASFAA.
2015-16 NASFAA Regional Leadership Award Winners
One award is given in each of NASFAA’s six regions. The following were awarded in 2016:
- EASFAA – Maribeth Quinn, Director of Financial Aid, JFK Muhlenberg Snyder Schools
- MASFAA – Lori Vedder, Director of Financial Aid, University of Michigan - Flint
- RMASFAA – Darry Voight, Executive Director, Enrollment Services, Casper College
- SASFAA – Ron Day, Senior Director of Financial Aid, Kennesaw State University
- SWASFAA – David Page, Vice President for Enrollment Management, Dillard University
- WASFAA – Wendy Olson, Director of Institutional Research, Whitworth University
Past winners list (PDF)