NASFAA is delighted to have Nashville host its 2014 National Conference. There has never been a better time to visit Music City. Voted by Conde Nast Traveler as one of the top 5 cities to visit in 2013, Nashville is booming and the Music City Center is the new pulse of it all. Known for its trendy new restaurants and its eclectic music scene, Nashville has become a popular destination for many.
1. Conference location?
Music City Center (opened June 2013) Located in the heart of downtown, 201 Fifth Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37203, the Music City Center is just steps away from wonderful hotels, gourmet restaurants, and of course, incredible live music.
2. How do I reserve a sleeping room?
Housing and registration will open in January 2014. You must first register to attend the conference, and then a confirmation email with information on how to book a room will be sent to you.
NASFAA is utilizing (5) hotels in its room block. You may begin making reservations (via web link supplied in your registration confirmation email) in January.
- The Omni Nashville (conference room rate: $219) located a
cross the street from the Music City Center
- Renaissance Hotel (conference room rate $189), 2 blocks from the Music City Center
- Hilton Nashville Downtown, (conference room rate $209) across the street from the Music City Center
- Sheraton Nashville (conference room rate $179) four blocks from the Music City Center
- Doubletree (conference room rate $169) five blocks from the Music City Center.
More details about all hotels will be posted in January. You cannot reserve a room at the group rate at this time.
4. How do I get from the airport to the downtown area and my hotel?
- Cab – Average fare is $25 for first person and takes about 15-20 minutes
- Airport Shuttle – Greyline Airport Express to downtown hotels. $25, runs every 15 minutes.
5. Do presenters and moderators have to register for the conference?
YES! All presenters and moderators must register and pay the registration fee.
6. Where can I find the detailed session information including session descriptions?
A detailed schedule with session descriptions will be posted in February. A general schedule will be posted in September.
7. Dress Code? Business casual is recommended. Comfortable shoes and a light sweater or jacket for air-conditioned rooms
8. What’s the weather like in late June and early July?
The average high during the day is 86-89 degrees and the average low is 65-70 degrees in the evening. Although this is not the rainy season, it does rain in June and July occasionally. Be sure to check the weather forecast as the dates approach.
9. Is there parking at the Music City Center?
Yes. The garage is located on 6th Avenue and Demonbreun, directly across from the south entrance to Bridgestone Arena, and is within easy walking distance to all downtown attractions. There are three entrances to the garage: one on 7th & Demonbreun and two on 6th Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Boulevard. Parking rates can be found here. http://www.nashvillemusiccitycenter.com/parking-rates
10. Are all the conference sessions, exhibits and meals at the Music City Center?