We welcome members of the press to the NASFAA National Conference. The Conference features speakers and sessions that will make great headlines for higher education, personal finance and political reporters.
- Dr. Freeman Hrabowski, President of University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC)
- Ron Day, 2012-13 NASFAA National Chair, Director of Student Financial Aid, Kennesaw State University
- Justin Draeger, President, NASFAA
- Craig Munier, 2013-14 NASFAA National Chair, Chair Reimagining Aid Design and Delivery Task Force, Director of the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- Jeff Baker, Director, Policy Liaison and Implementation, Federal Student Aid, U.S. Department of Education
- Carney McCullough, Director, Policy Implementation Group, Office of Postsecondary Education, U.S. Department of Education
Download featured speaker bios >>
Helping Students and Families:
- Education Pays (new research will be presented!)
- U.S. Department of Education Open Forum (this session will be offered at two separate times)
- Diversity Caucus featuring Dr. Freeman Hrawbowski
- Don't Gamble on Staffing! What's Really Needed o Get the Job Done?
- Top Ten Audit and Program Review Findings
Proactive Policy Sessions:
- Using FACT To Inform
- Lowering Student Debt- Reversing the Upward Trend
- Proactive Communication with Students and Parents
- Counseling Families on Education Financing
- Your Role in Preventing Fraud and Abuse
- Fostering a College-Going Culture
- Ideas for Expanding Access to First Generation and Low-Income Families
- Institutional Response to Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- Strengthening Financial Literacy, Debt Management, and Default Prevention
- Reauthorization Task Force: Return of Title IV Funds
- Reauthorization Task Force: Need Analysis
- Reauthorization Task Force: Pell Grant, and Campus-Based Programs, Consumer Information, and General Provisions
- NASFAA Policy Listening Session
- Reimagining Aid Design & Delivery
- Student Loan Reform
View a complete list of featured sessions >>
For information on a complimentary media registration, please email email@example.com.
General information about the U.S. student financial aid system, the important role of student financial aid professionals in delivering aid to postsecondary students, and about NASFAA’s advocacy, policy and research work is available in our Press Room.