How will the student aid programs fare with upcoming HEA Reauthorization? What’s in store for the long term future of the funding of the student aid programs?
The 2014 Legislative Symposium, held in concert with the Leadership Conference, took place on Monday, March 10, 2014 from 1:30 to 4:30 pm. This event focused on current legislative hot topics for student financial aid.
- 1:30: Introductions & Weclome, Justin Draeger
- 1:30-2:30: Speaker Bill McInturff
- 2:30-2:45: BREAK
- 2:45-3:45: Reauthorization Panel Discussion, Panelists include
- Amy Jones (Rep. Kline)
- Rich Williams (Rep. Miller)
- Allie Kimmel (Rep. Polis)
- Bob Moran (Sen. Alexander)
- 3:50-4:30: Speaker Mary Wall from ED's Undersecretary's Office
Highlights from 2013:
Speakers at the 2013 NASFAA Legislative Symposium discussed the impact of upcoming fiscal issues such as sequestration and the expiration of the fiscal year (FY) 2013 budget on the student aid. Presentations by Jim Runcie, Chief Operating Officer, U.S. Department of Education; Joel Packer, Executive Director, Committee for Education Funding; and Rep. Tom Petri (R-WI) can be found below.