Cost: $499 per registrant (members and non-members)
This course focuses on the Direct Loan application process, eligibility criteria, annual and aggregate loan limits, loan periods, repayment plans, deferments, forbearance, discharges and counseling requirements. This online course is a perfect collaborative learning tool for financial aid professionals, and has been designed with the necessary tools, equipment and subject matter expertise to guide you through the process. A credential is provided after successfully completing and passing the credential test, which is available at the conclusion of the course and included in your course fee.
NASFAA University courses are 100% online with an asynchronous focus, meaning the individual attendee can log on anytime/anyplace (assuming they have Internet access) and participate in course requirements – naturally there are due dates they will need to adhere to, i.e. weekly assignments that must be completed. There are also weekly synchronous class meetings. However, these “live” classes are optional and recorded for on-demand viewing by the course attendee. While there will be no grade reductions for students that do not attend the live classes, we do encourage attendance to due to the highly collaborative nature of the courses.
- Lesson 1 – The loan application process, Direct Loan confirmation process, loan-specific eligibility criteria
- Lesson 2 – How need for the loan is defined and determined
- Lesson 3 – Annual and aggregate loan limits, including loan proration
- Lesson 4 – Determining loan period and frequency, calculating the amount of loan for the loan period
- Lesson 5 – Available repayment plans and options and consolidation
- Lesson 6 – Deferment and forbearance
- Lesson 7 – Loan discharges, cancellation, and forgiveness
- Lesson 8 – Loan counseling requirements