Working with Unaccompanied Homeless Youth: Access and Compliance
Date recorded: Wednesday, September 25, 2013
Time: 90 minutes
Available until: February 24, 2014
Webinar goals:This webinar will explore the challenges of working with unaccompanied homeless youth. It will feature a brief policy update, a review of basic terminology and concepts, and will highlight strategies and best practices schools may use to ensure access for this population while meeting regulatory requirements.
- Participants will learn the current policy environment affecting unaccompanied homeless youth.
- Participants will review basic terminology and concepts necessary to working with unaccompanied homeless youth.
- Participants will learn strategies and best practices that ensure both access and regulatory compliance.
Financial aid administrators, Admissions staff, and Student life advisors and coordinators
- Jennifer Martin, Director, Content Management
- Barbara Duffield, Policy Director, NAEHCY
- Cyekeia Lee, National Higher Education Liaison for Homeless Youth
- Sarah Baumhoff, Associate Director of Financial Aid, Kennesaw State University
- Mark Delorey, Director of Financial Aid, Western Michigan University
- Thad Spaulding, Director of Financial Aid, Community College of Denver
- David Futrell, Content Specialist