Will You Be Eligible?
If you have the desire to get a post-secondary education, don't let worries about finances discourage you. With a little effort on your part, you'll discover that you have many options. There are all kinds of student financial assistance that may be available to you, plus many ways to save on college costs. You can get financial aid for college because you . . .
- Are financially qualified to receive it
- Earn good grades, take hard courses, have special talents or show exceptional promise
- Are the first in your family to attend college
- Have talent in sports
- Plan to major in specific subjects
- Serve in the military
- Are unemployed
- Agree to work in certain high-need locations or professions after graduation
- Have a special need or a disability
- Are a resident of your state
- ..and many other reasons!
Many people assume that they won't qualify for financial aid because their grades are not good enough, they make too much money (or their parents do), or lots of other reasons. But, you won't know for sure unless you try, and applying is free.
Even if you don't qualify at first, if you or your family has suffered a recent change, like unemployment or medical bills, or there is something happening in your life that makes it really difficult, you can ask one of us--a financial aid administrator at your college--to consider your special circumstances. We will help you if we possibly can--that's our job.