Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Business Services
Classification: Full-Time (Exempt) or Part-Time (Hourly)
Application Deadline: June 1
Description of Duties
The National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) seeks a financial aid expert to join its Business Services team as a Project Manager. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced financial aid professional who is ready for a career change and would enjoy helping NASFAA grow its consulting business, Blue Icon Advisors. Remote candidates welcome. Relocation is not expected.
The Project Manager oversees client engagements and supports Blue Icon through administrative responsibilities.
- Manage assigned client engagements to ensure each project is progressing on time and on budget, as well as meeting the client's and Blue Icon's defined goals and expectations.
- Oversee the independent consultants working on the engagements, including monitoring weekly reports, and checking in with the consultants and client regularly.
- Support the independent consultants during client engagements by assisting with researching regulatory issues, offering recommendations, and providing other guidance, as needed.
- Perform project engagement tasks, which may include:
- Leading or attending client meetings
- Coordinating the required project resources
- Reviewing the work of the independent consultants
- Reviewing and editing project deliverables
- Updating tasks in Asana, our project management software
- Monitoring and tracking all Title IV activities and documentation collection for the ongoing third-party servicer audit required by the U.S. Department of Education
- Work with the Business Services team to ensure compliance by building and maintaining required internal systems and documentation for the respective areas.
- Work with the business development team to ensure client retention.
- Assist with the recruitment of new consultants by reviewing applications and participating in interviews, as requested.
- Identify, develop, and provide suggestions for new resource materials and process documents for the independent consultants, as well as suggest improvements to internal processes for streamlining, efficiency, and training.
- Prepare and conduct virtual presentations and marketing sessions, individually or in groups, as needed.
- Support the mission of Blue Icon Advisors to provide valuable consulting, staffing support, and compliance services that institutions want and need; and by helping to generate non-dues revenue to offset future NASFAA membership dues increases.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum five years of recent financial aid experience overseeing a financial aid office.
- Expert knowledge of the Title IV student financial aid regulations and the higher education landscape. Preference given to applicants with NASFAA credentials and/or the FAAC®.
- Direct experience with major financial aid management systems, such as PeopleSoft, PowerFAIDS, Ellucian Banner/Colleague, WorkDay, or Regent.
- For remote work, a home office, away from distractions, with high speed internet, is required. (Laptop, monitor, keyboard, docking station, webcam, and phone software will be provided.)
- Experience as a consultant, in hiring and managing outside consultants, or as a project or account manager, preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, willing to take initiative from a remote setting.
- Ability to work in complex environments, independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong project management experience and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong desire to work with clients and provide exceptional client experiences.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and Google platforms, including Docs and Sheets.
Part-Time: $40/hour, up to 25 hours per week (not eligible for benefits)
Full-Time: $70,000 - $80,000, commensurate with experience. NASFAA offers excellent benefits, including employee paid health insurance and a contributory retirement plan.
Remote applicants accepted. Relocation to Washington, D.C. is not expected.
Interested applicants should apply online. In your cover letter, please indicate if you are looking for a part-time or full-time position and your salary expectations. Principals, only. No phone calls please.
NASFAA is a nonprofit membership association that represents more than 20,000 financial aid professionals at nearly 3,000 colleges, universities, and career schools across the country. NASFAA member institutions serve nine out of every ten undergraduates in the U.S. Based in Washington, D.C., NASFAA is the only national association with a primary focus on student aid legislation, regulatory analysis, and training for financial aid administrators. At NASFAA, we strive to attract and retain a diverse and talented workforce that will contribute to the association's goals, mission and vision. It is NASFAA's policy not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because he or she is an individual with a disability or has veteran status. NASFAA will provide reasonable accommodations to employees whose ability to perform their job is affected by pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions. NASFAA is an equal opportunity employer.