Cash Management: 2022-23
In this self-study guide, you will learn about a school’s responsibilities for managing Title IV funds, including requesting and receiving funds, maintaining funds, disbursement, notices, and authorizations. Quick quizzes, learning activities, and reflection questions help reinforce content and help individuals understand cash management. Completion of this self-study guide qualifies individuals to take the corresponding NASFAA Professional Credential test.
Available as a PDF only.
Upon purchase, you'll have access to download the PDF from the NASFAA website. This PDF is available until June 30, 2023.
Free (Value Plus Members)
Introduction to Cash Management
- Understand the meaning of cash management; and
- Know the definitions of key terms related to cash management.
Requesting and Managing Title IV Funds
- How a school requests and receives Title IV funds for making Title IV disbursements to students and for administrative cost allowances used to administer the Title IV programs;
- Crossover payment periods and how to manage Title IV program funds covering those periods;
- How to maintain Title IV funds received and held by the institution;
- How to manage excess cash; and
- When to return funds to the appropriate Title IV programs.
Disbursing Title IV Funds
- Understand general and program-specific disbursement requirements;
- Know how to handle Title IV credit balances; and
- Understand provisions that must be made for the purchase of books and supplies.
Notifications and Authorizations
- Know the various Title IV notifications; and
- Recognize the Title IV authorizations.