NASFAA relies on advocates to amplify our "Fight for Financial Aid" campaign. This page includes a variety of tools and resources for advocates interested in joining the fight.
Have ideas or suggestions? Let us know - email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Background & Tools
- Federal Budget & Appropriations Overview & News - This page includes a map of the federal budget and appropriations process and links to the most recent updates from NASFAA's Policy & Federal Relations staff
- Budget Effect Estimator (BEE) Tool - NASFAA developed this budget estimator to illustrate what cuts in President Trump's proposed budget will mean for students at colleges nationwide.
- Trump Budget Fact Sheet - This PDF provides an overview of President Trump's proposed cuts to student aid in his fiscal year (FY) 2018 budget, which affects award year 2018-19.
- Student Aid Success Stories - To celebrate our 50th anniversary, we asked our members to submit their students’ Student Aid Success Stories. The stories that follow show the enduring value of financial aid for college & the role it plays in helping people achieve their goals.
Social Media Resources
- Video: Save the Pell Grant Reserve Fund - Watch & share this video for more information on the importance of the Pell Grant reserve funds, and how you can join the Fight for Financial Aid.
- Twitter - Join in the conversation using #Fight4FinAid.
- Facebook - Like the #Fight4FinAid page and share news with your friends.
Importance of Financial Aid Infographics
Compiled as part of Financial Aid Awareness Month, these infographics tell an important story about the current state of the federal student aid programs and why increased investements in student aid can make a difference.