The National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA) is seeking an experienced Web & Marketing Specialist. A member of the Communications department, this position is responsible for the coordination and delivery of the association's online content and marketing efforts. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this person will create web pages, develop web-targeted content, maintain site structure, and ensure usability for members/readers. Further, this person will serve as an editorial guide and point of contact for internal stakeholders, working to cultivate content and multimedia elements for NASFAA's sites that are timely, interesting, relevant, and facilitate regular visitors. In consultation with the Director of Marketing, this position will devise and carry out comprehensive social media strategies and marketing plans for NASFAA's products and services, relying on tangible data — like open rates, click rates, and page views — to gauge success and inform future tactics.
NASFAA Work Environment
NASFAA offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits and opportunities for growth. NASFAA is a mobile-first organization, meaning that we cultivate a work environment that prioritizes and optimizes the flexibility for staff to work remotely most - or all - of the time without sacrificing our ability to fulfill the mission of the organization or the quality of our products or services. While the position does not need to be based in Washington, D.C., occasional travel may be required.
- Develop, write, and maintain fresh website content; ensure that content is appropriately structured to meet organizational goals and user needs;
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with other departments (training, conference/meetings, and policy/advocacy) and subject matter experts to ensure that online content covers department needs and initiatives;
- Evaluate content purpose, determine how content will bridge the space between audience needs and organizational requirements;
- Conduct content audits and content analyses;
- In consultation with the Director of Marketing and relevant product managers, craft marketing communications focused on audience-specific messages
- In consultation with the Director of Marketing, execute and implement social media and campaigns; use analytics to gauge effectiveness of social media efforts; collaborate and coordinate with appropriate staff to realize social media campaign objectives.
- Track, analyze, and report out on website, email, and social media marketing performance analytics, provide actionable insights and recommendations to relevant stakeholders; use web analytics and email-open tracking data to gauge success of outbound messaging tactics and improve future marketing and editorial endeavors.
- In partnership with others on the communications team, develop and enforce content creation, maintenance, and archiving policies;
- In partnership with key staff, develop, maintain, document, and enforce online style guidelines;
- Support and coordinate taxonomy implementation and maintenance, perform analysis on taxonomy search results;
- Monitor "web" email inbox each day, provide superior customer service to internal and external stakeholders with site functionality questions; redirect other inquiries as needed;
- Assist in staff training efforts and documentation, as needed; serve as point of contact for staff CMS users;
- Support NASFAA's Meetings & Events team in posting, tracking, and analyzing all external, paid advertisements and sponsorships on NASFAA.org and in NASFAA's Today's News newsletter.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in a related field;
- Minimum 3 years experience managing digital content via content management systems and social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience in writing and repurposing content with a focus on marketing and community, and maintaining an singular, focused editorial voice;
- Demonstrated knowledge of web standards, usability methods, user interface and user experience;
- Experience in image and document management tools including Photoshop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver;
- High attention to detail, but able to see the big picture;
- Solid team player, a self-starter, highly motivated and able to take initiative;
- Customer-service oriented disposition, consistent follow-through, and excellent time-management skills;
- Experience managing projects in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing deadlines.
- Google and social media analytics and SEO experience;
- Experience in video production and management tools;
- Demonstrated experience in cross-platform testing; project and bug tracking tools a plus.
The successful candidate will:
- Understand and be comfortable working in a mission-driven organization where individual and departmental goals must align with strategic priorities.
- Have demonstrated their ability to work successfully in a team-based environment where "the whole" is more important than any one individual.
- Be comfortable with team-based accountability, departmental reporting and paying attention to results. NASFAA is focused on team results, not individual milestones.
- Express and demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to NASFAA's staff-developed Core Operating Values.
NASFAA is a mission-driven national organization that is focused on supporting the financial aid profession and advocating for public policies and programs that increase student access to and success in postsecondary education. In independent, third-party surveys, NASFAA's 45-person staff consistently rate high levels of engagement and satisfaction. NASFAA is focused on the greater good: for NASFAA members, students, and society as a whole. It is a fast-paced organization with specific strategic plans, with latitude for creative thinking and problem solving.
At NASFAA, we strive to attract and retain a diverse and talented workforce that will contribute to the association's goals, mission, and vision. It is NASFAA's policy not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because he or she is an individual with a disability or has veteran status. NASFAA will provide reasonable accommodations to employees whose ability to perform their job is affected by pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions. NASFAA is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary range is $60,000 - $65,000 depending on experience and qualifications. NASFAA offers excellent benefits including employee paid health insurance and a contributory retirement savings plan. Interested applicants should apply online by July 29, 2022 for full consideration. The position will remain open until filled.