Blue Icon is seeking experienced financial aid directors to join our roster of independent consultants to fill interim director/leadership engagements. Interim staffing opportunities may be part- or full-time for the length of the engagement and may include remote and/or on-site work.
Qualifications, as demonstrated by application materials
- 10 years of Title IV financial aid administration experience with 5 years at the director level.
- Self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses in your leadership skills and style.
- Ability to lead in diverse working environments.
- Ability to work in complex organizations, both independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Strong personnel management and relationship skills, up, down, and across the organization.
- Proficiency with one or more major software system (e.g. PeopleSoft®, Banner®, Colleague®, PowerFAIDS®).
- Commitment to provide exceptional customer service.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- Understanding of institutional fund management for leveraging aid.
- Experience with institutional methodology.
- Experience with annual audit or federal program review.
- Familiarity and experience completing federal reporting requirements such as FISAP, IPEDS, HEERF quarterly and annual reports.
- Effective communicator with financial aid training experience.
- Certified Financial Aid Administrator (FAAC®).
- NASFAA credentialed.
As a consultant, you would be presented with a rough timeline, rate of pay, and project deliverables so you can make an informed decision to accept or decline a project based on your time and availability.
We start every consultant at the same competitive hourly rate, which is paid monthly. Consultants who lead teams of other consultants on larger projects may receive a higher hourly rate.
If you're interested in joining Blue Icon as an independent consultant, please complete the ONLINE APPLICATION today. Send questions about the application process to BLUE ICON.