Blue Icon Advisors is here to help you, your financial aid office, your school, and ultimately your students. Below are a few testimonials from some of our satisfied clients who have already seen a positive impact from their work with Blue Icon.
Please visit our Testimonials page for client feedback on consulting projects.
- Jaime Missimer, Assistant Director of Financial Aid, Pearl River Community College
- Danchees Ingram, Associate Director, UT Southwestern Medical Center
"The course was beneficial for me in developing leadership skills, understanding various financial aid practices at other institutions, and the skill of developing effective policies and procedures. I was recently promoted to Assistant Director. Aspiring Director Group Coaching was one of the smartest professional development decisions I have ever made."
- Eric Johnson, Assistant Director, Goldey-Beacom College
"I was able to build a new set of skills relating to writing P&P's, compliance and listening to what other FA professional were doing at their respective schools. It was great to get other perspectives on enrollment management and being an FA leader within your institution."
- Kelly O'Brien, Financial Aid Advisor and Scholarship Coordinator - Yavapai College
"I have been writing policies and procedures for may years, but still learned a lot. Each topic was relevant. I also used the personal branding session to enhance interviews that I was engaged in. I thought about what I wanted the interviewer to take away from our meeting."
- Sharon Collins, Financial Aid Specialist- Operations, College of DuPage
- Elizabeth M. Riquez, MBA/MIS, Director of Financial Aid Services, Baruch College
- Ashley Stevenson, Assistant Director of Scholarships, University of Utah
"The coaching sessions helped me to understand and prepare for the challenges facing financial aid administrators in institutions that are vastly different than my current institution. The sessions provided me with valuable information about the range of director positions available across the nation, and how to best market myself to them."
- Christina Lamb, Senior Associate Director, Student Financial Aid & Scholarships, University of Florida
- Kristi Shelton, Associate Director of Student Financial Services, Quincy University
"The cohort that I was in contained institutions much different than mine and brought a whole new perspective on certain financial aid topics. Also, the educated and knowledgeable trainers brought a wealth of information and valuable experience to the training that helped tremendously."
-Katie Eilers, Assistant Director, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Amey Ashley, Senior Financial Aid Officer, Florida SouthWestern State College
"I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this group and will take lots away from it. All of the concepts were very eye opening and will allow for us to make simple changes quickly. I would say, this has been one of the most effective training groups I have been a part of."
– Carlos Villarroel, Associate Director of Financial Aid, Portland Community College, June 2021 coaching participant
"I cannot express the deep gratitude to you and your staff for the professionalism and care I experienced during New Director Group Coaching. Tammy’s support during meetings away from the actual sessions gave me confidence and decreased my anxiety. I never thought I would be working as a financial aid administrator, let alone a director. Following the six week workshop, I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that I can be successful in financial aid."
– William West, Director of Financial Aid, Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary, March 2021 coaching participant
"Blue Icon Advisors' New Director Group Coaching was a great support group in my first year as a director. The weekly discussions and materials touched on key topics that will help me be successful. The consultants provided positive feedback and had their own experiences that they could add to the conversation."
– Marie Fico, Director of Student Financial Services, St. John Fisher College
"I thought the group coaching was amazing. In my opinion, all new directors should enroll. The weekly homework assignment was challenging due to everything going on with COVID-19, but the assignments were necessary and gave us a hands-on opportunity to create a model for our own institution. The instructors were knowledgeable and willing to help at all times. The group coaching was exactly what I needed to guide me to the next level of office professionalism."
– Sharon R. Griffin, Interim Director of Financial Aid, Saint Augustine's University
"Participating in this course helped me to see the importance of mentorship as it pertains to financial aid leadership. It also helped me to realize that while I was on the right track with our team, some areas needed a little more fine tuning. There were a few things that I was able to add to my departmental plans that I had not thought of and I really appreciate the fact that we were all able to add our own perspectives by completing the assigned tasks."
– Tiffany Williams, Assistant Director of Financial Aid, South Louisiana Community College
– Tammy Easter, Director of Financial Aid, Moody Bible Institute
"My goal was to learn from [Blue Icon coaches] as well as my peers. I was hoping to find more innovative ways to solve problems, as well as have some insight into other offices. I thought the group collaboration was great, and I enjoyed the instructive leadership. The class was all I expected and more."
– Megan Speth, Director of Financial Aid, Mary Baldwin University
"I spent time focusing on important topics that will make a huge impact on my team. These topics are really the basis of where we will start building our foundation and ideals that will be ever-evolving. It was such a good group and a good experience to learn from the others in class. Everyone approached every assignment differently. And it was neat to pick up on things to add to the calendar and get ideas for professional development."
– Andrea Puckett, Director of Financial Aid, Illinois Eastern Community Colleges
"[After three months] I'm still loving my operational calendar and making ongoing updates with new projects. I sent it to our registrar office because they were looking for a framework to do the same thing."
– Zachery Gries, Director of Financial Aid, Loras College
– Donald Gordon, Director of Financial Aid, Scholarships & Veteran Services, Rio Hondo College
– Jacquelyn Copeland, Interim Associate Provost and Director, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
– Kimberley Willis, Financial Aid Director, SUNY Brockport
– Emily Haynam, Executive Director of Financial Aid, University of Missouri
Blue Icon Advisors can help you succeed, too! Get started by filling out the no-obligation information request form today.