Blue Icon Advisors is here to help you, your financial aid office, your school, and ultimately your students. Below are a few testimonials from some of our satisfied clients who have already seen a positive impact from their work with Blue Icon.
Please visit Group Coaching Testimonials for more!
"Working with Blue Icon on our policies and procedures [P&Ps] was an awesome experience. My responsibility of meeting the requirements of the PPA and having written P&Ps kept looming over me. Our consultant kept us on track to complete our manual and in the end provided us a robust, detailed P&P manual that we can keep as a living document. The experience gave us great learning opportunities to where are strengths and weaknesses are."
- David Loverin, Financial Aid Director, College of the Sequoias
"The consultants are so knowledgeable about federal regulations, that I have great confidence in their work product. I've worked with other consultants in other contexts and I have not always had this degree of confidence."
- Dr. Christina Tangalakis, FAAC®, Associate Dean of Financial Aid, Glendale Community College
"The work Blue Icon has done so far is excellent and has already lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. The consultants ask questions that let me know they have a deep understanding of both the regulations and Banner, they divide tasks up among themselves independently, and they are SWIFT! In fact, I just sent my VP a chat that said ‘NASFAA Blue Icon is worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY!'"
- Leigh Ann Hussey, Director of Financial Aid, University of West Georgia
"Blue Icon Advisors provided an interim financial aid director to UNC Pembroke, and she has been terrific. Her training is superior! The staff are now doing processes that were previously only handled at the associate and director level. I cannot say enough good things about our experience."
- Lois Williams, Associate Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Management, University of North Carolina Pembroke
"Our students have barely recognized that we are operating with a financial aid director deployed overseas, an on-campus financial aid coordinator, and a Blue Icon consultant performing all our packaging."
- Dr. Phillip Reynolds, Associate Dean of Student Services, Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine
"I can't thank you and Blue Icon for how wonderful you have made these last six months less stressful. That time would have been a disaster if we didn't have you. I am grateful and indebted to you. The quality of your work, your contributions to the team, your voice, your grace...all of it has been wonderful."
- Gail Holt, Dean of Financial Aid, Amherst College
"I cannot say enough good things about Blue Icon's Program Review Response Team. They were extremely knowledgeable, while being friendly and professional throughout the process. I highly recommend schools use Blue Icon to prepare for their program review."
- Scott McFarland, Director of Financial Aid, Central Wyoming College
"My executive coaching with Blue Icon helped me successfully navigate merging various departments into one unit. My consultant was very engaging, patient, personable. He gave me the necessary confidence I needed for this major project. Coaching with Blue Icon was a valuable experience!"
- Erika Ramirez
"I am no longer feeling I'm in crisis mode and getting to a point where I feel like I can focus on training rather than cleaning up problems."
- Thasia Schilling, Financial Aid Coordinator, Mid-East Career and Technology Centers
"I understand the importance of remaining in compliance with financial aid rules, but needed confirmation to determine if our practices aligned with the rules. Blue Icon Advisors reviewed documents, interviewed staff, and cited regulations that confirmed my understanding. My president and I were both impressed with how well-written and detailed the final report was for our engagement. Our consultant's experience speaking with colleagues across campus will pay dividends moving forward to ensure compliance with all financial aid rules."
- Dr. Chrissy L. Davis Jones, Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, Harrisburg Area Community College
"We had an urgent audit need with a very fast turnaround time. Blue Icon accurately assessed our situation and understood the pressure to deliver results quickly. I appreciated knowing in a very short time whether we could do this project together. Our work with Blue Icon will absolutely have a positive impact on our institution moving forward."
- Susan Collins, Chief Financial Officer, Saint Mary's College of California
"Blue Icon worked with us to determine how to best meet our needs by listening to our challenges and what we were trying to achieve. Once the staff understood our needs, they provided a range of options to meet our timeline, desired outcomes, and budget. Our Blue Icon consultant and staff executed the project plan as planned and always strived to go above and beyond expectations. We would not hesitate to work with them again!"
- Robin Randall, Vice President for Enrollment Management, Mount Holyoke College
"I feel that the atmosphere of the office has improved since implementing our onboarding process [developed with Blue Icon Advisors] because it is not only helpful for new staff, but seasoned staff feels as if we are working to better equip everyone and take into consideration their ideas as well."
- Lisa Namken, Assistant Director, Sam Houston State University
"We wanted assistance evaluating our PharmD awarding practices to ensure they were compliant and how they compared to other PharmD programs. Blue Icon Advisors provided a consultant who not only had experience awarding PharmD students programs, but also researched practices at other institutions. The project affirmed that our awarding practices were in line with federal regulations and provided considerations for changing our model while continuing to remain in compliance."
- Elizabeth Goreham, Director of Student Financial Services, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
"I'm pleased with Blue Icon Advisors' review of our student employment operations. We were able to use the results of the evaluation to advocate for necessary resources."
- Anthony Gallonio, Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Service, Rhode Island School of Design
"Blue Icon did a great job choosing a consultant based on my needs. I've had consultants in the past where the right person wasn't assigned, and having the right person makes a huge difference!"
- Shauna James, Director of Financial Aid, University of North Alabama
"Blue Icon's customized training helped get our new team members up to speed quickly so we don't feel like a "new" office. I also participated in new director group coaching, which gave me invaluable tips to build the office and my confidence as a leader."
- Ozie Ratcliff, Director of Financial Aid, Jackson State University
"The trainer provides learning activities and opportunities which allow the team to have meaningful conversations about current/real situations that you won't get from just reading the content."
- Lori Clement, Student Services Specialist Sr., Glendale Community College
"Our project with Blue Icon Advisors went smoothly. There was some initial hesitation from some, but the consultants' knowledge and non-threatening approach put everyone at ease. The final report we received is allowing us to lobby for additional resources we need to run more efficiently. We look forward to working with Blue Icon again."
- Joseph Greene, Vice Chancellor of Finance & Administration at Johnson & Wales University
"The SOE review provided a completely unbiased third-party look not only at compliance, but also customer service and operations. We are using the SOE report as our marching orders for improvement and have great support from upper leadership."
- Andrea Lehman, Director of Financial Aid, Hiram College
"I'm thankful for the Let's Talk events as they allow me to connect with financial aid professionals from across the nation, especially during these unprecedented times brought on by COVID-19 ."
- Sheila A. Thomas, Director of Financial Aid, Wiregrass Georgia Technical College
"I cannot express how helpful this was. We were a small but mighty clock-hour group, but we all learned from each other."
- A Let's Talk participant
"It's vitally important yet rare to engage in a nationwide forum with community college peers by which to share common concerns and creative solutions."
- Anne M. Moore, Director of Student Financial Services, Berkshire Community College
"A one hour Zoom meeting is far easier to attend than traveling to a conference or sector meeting."
- Mary Ellen Duffy, Vice President of Financial Aid and Compliance, Mildred Elley - Albany Campus
Blue Icon Advisors can help you succeed and reach your institutional goals too! Get started by filling out the no-obligation information request form today.