Blue Icon Advisors, NASFAA Consulting, is seeking experienced financial aid professionals to join our roster of independent consultants to fill interim processing engagements. Interim processing opportunities may be part- or full-time for the length of the engagement and may include remote and/or on-site work.
Qualifications, as demonstrated by application materials
- At least five years of experience in administering Title IV federal financial aid.
- Experience actively performing financial aid administration functions, such as:
- Determining student eligibility
- Professional judgment adjustments
- Federal Verification
- File review using institutional methodology (IM) need analysis
- Packaging financial aid
- Satisfactory Academic Progress evaluations
- Return of Title IV Funds processing
- Processing Federal Pell Grant
- Campus-based program management
- Direct Loan funds
- Federal program reconciliation
- Experience administering state and institutional aid or scholarship programs is preferred, but not required. Indicate relevant experience in application materials.
- Ability to take minimal direction and work independently with limited oversight.
- Deliver exceptional customer service.
- Proficient in financial aid management systems such as Ellucian Banner®/Colleague®, PowerFAIDS®, PeopleSoft®, or WorkDay®.
- User of federal financial aid systems such as Common Origination and Disbursements (COD), EDExpress, EDConnect, National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS),
- FAAAccess to CPS Online, and Student Aid Internet Gateway (SAIG).
- Functional understanding of manual and automated financial aid processing.
- Highly motivated and adaptable to support diverse environments and identified needs.
- Bachelor's degree required.
Interim processing assignments allow for maximum flexibility, especially when you are already working. As a consultant, you would be presented with a rough timeline, rate of pay, and project deliverables so you can make an informed decision to accept or decline a project based on your time and availability. With many assignments, the work can taking place in the evenings or on weekends.
We start every consultant at the same competitive hourly rate, which is paid monthly. Consultants who lead teams of other consultants on larger projects may receive a higher hourly rate.
If you're interested in joining Blue Icon as an independent consultant, please complete the ONLINE APPLICATION today. Send questions about the application process to BLUE ICON.