Your members can now earn credentials from NASFAA U. To participate, simply use NASFAA Credential Training Materials (formerly NASFAA CORE) at your NASFAA U Authorized Training Event.
Associations have the option of choosing which topics they want to teach. If instructors are credentialed, all participants will be pre-qualified to sit for the respective NASFAA U Credential Tests at no additional charge!
Three great reasons your state or region should participate
- Increased attendance: NASFAA will provide additional promotions for all Authorized Training Events that offer NASFAA Credential Training, ensuring an increase in your overall attendance.
- Increased prestige: In your own marketing, you can capitalize on NASFAA’s excellent training reputation, which is known throughout the financial aid community for being thorough and accurate.
- Increased revenue: Additional participants will have a positive effect on your bottom line!
NASFAA Credential Training Materials
NASFAA Credential Training Materials are a comprehensive set of instructional materials for teaching financial aid concepts to groups of individuals in an in-person teaching environment. Materials include a study guide, instructor guide and accompanying presentation slides. Of the 16 training topics available for 2016-17, associations have a choice of purchasing one, 10, or all topics. See the order form for information on pricing. If instructors at authorized events are credentialed, it will qualify your attendees to sit for respective NASFAA U Credential Tests. Need help getting your instructors credentialed? Contact Dana Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Administrative Capability
- Application Process
- Campus-Based Programs
- Cash Management
- Consumer Information
- Cost of Attendance
- Direct Loan Program
- Federal Pell Grant and Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants
- Need Analysis
- Packaging and Notification of Awards
- Professional Judgment
- Return of Title IV Funds
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Student Eligibility
- TEACH Grant
Instructions for States/Regions
- Purchase Credential Training Materials from NASFAA for your state or region using the Order Form (these materials cannot be purchased through the online store). The order form will serve as your voucher request for participants. A voucher will be sent to the individual identified on the order form to distribute to respective instructors.
- Conduct the training using the Credential Training Materials as-is. If you make changes to the materials or eliminate sections, participants will not be prepared for the credential tests.
- Provide attendees their voucher at the completion of training.
- Instructors should complete the survey on the training materials.
Information for Your Participants
- Participants will receive a voucher for complimentary access to each credential test they have qualified to take. The test should be accessed from the NASFAA Store within a few days of training.
- All tests accessed prior to April 15, 2017 will expire on May 15, 2017, and tests purchased on or after April 15, 2017 must be completed within 40 days of the access date.
- Participants do not have to be NASFAA members; however, they must create a myNASFAA account in order to register for and take the credential test(s).
- Each test voucher includes two attempts to successfully complete the test. For additional details, please visit NASFAA U.
Questions? Please contact Dana Kelly, Chief Training Officer, at email@example.com or (202) 785-6968.