NASFAA members are always moving ahead, whether enhancing their skills in their current roles, accepting promotions or job changes, or discovering new pathways as retirees. Below are a few colleagues who made changes in their professional lives in 2020-21.
Have you changed jobs recently? Are you newly retired? Have you won an award, or started a new initiative on campus? Let NASFAA and your colleagues know about your career developments in 2020-21 by completing the "Movers and Shakers" form. We'll review your submission and then post your update below for all to see.
"Movers and Shakers" form
Awards, Recognitions, & Other
- July 23, 2020 - Citizens Bank would like to congratulate Donna Shelby, vice president and relationship manager, on 25 years in student lending.
Job Changes & Promotions
- August 3, 2020 - Marvin Smith, formerly executive director, student financial services at Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis, will be the executive director for the University of California, Los Angeles Financial Aid and Scholarships
- July 27, 2020 - Jesse McMillan, formerly the assistant director of financial aid at Capital University, will be the associate director of the student financial management center at Virginia Commonwealth University.
- July 21, 2020 - Helen Faith, Certified Financial Aid Administrator®, formerly the dean of new student transitions at Lane Community College, is now the director of the Office of Student Financial Aid at University of Wisconsin–Madison. Helen has served on NASFAA's Board of Directors and was the president of WASFAA.
- July 20, 2020 - Erika Kampschnieder, formerly the financial aid specialist at Mid-Plains Community College, is now the associate director of financial aid systems and processing at Metropolitan Community College.
- July 13, 2020 - Patrick Ziegler, formerly from Wells Fargo, is now the regional sales director at Ascendium. Patrick brings diverse experience in both academia and higher education finance to his role with Ascendium.
- July 1, 2020 - Lisa Blazer, previously the senior associate vice provost at the University of Texas - San Antonio, is now the associate vice president for enrollment services at Texas A&M University. Lisa served as the 2016-17 NASFAA National Chair.
- July 10, 2020 - David Gelinas, director of financial aid at Davidson College, retired after 40 years in financial aid.
- July 1, 2020 - Ron Day, director of student financial aid at Kennesaw State University retired after 30 years in financial aid. Ron served as the 2012-13 NASFAA National Chair and was a NASFAA 2020 Lifetime Achievement Award winner.
- July 1, 2020 - Dennis P. Levy, Ph.D., executive director of financial aid services at Moravian College, retired after 32 years in financial aid, over 45 years total in higher education and public service. He looks forward to shared new adventures with Nancy, his beautiful wife of 46 years, and endless celebrations with grandchildren, family, friends, and good wine.
"Movers and Shakers" form | 2019-20 Movers & Shakers