NASFAA maintains a commitment to advocate for public policies and programs that increase student access to and success in post-secondary education.
Most often, NASFAA advocates in two separate arenas: in the context of reauthorization of the Higher Education Act and in the budget and appropriations process.
Our advocacy efforts center around these major policy areas:
- Increasing access to higher education, including early awareness and outreach
- Simplifying student aid systems
- Encouraging college persistence & completion
- College savings and financial education
- Minimizing student indebtedness and emphasizing grant and work aid
- Supporting the primacy of need-based aid
Use the links below to jump directly to specific recommendations.