States & Regions - NASFAA U Benefits for You and Your Members
Your members can now earn credentials from NASFAA University.
To participate, simply use NASFAA CORE Training Materials at your Boot Camp or Summer Institute this year.
When you use NASFAA CORE Training Materials, all your boot camp/institute participants will be pre-qualified to sit for select NASFAA University Credential Tests. AND, your participants will receive a 25% discount off the price of each test.
Three great reasons your state or region should participate:
- Increased attendance: NASFAA will provide additional promotions for all boot camps/institutes that offer CORE-based training, ensuring an increase in your overall attendance.
- Increased prestige: In your own marketing, you can capitalize on NASFAA’s excellent training reputation, which is known throughout the financial aid community for being thorough and accurate.
- Increased revenue: Additional participants will have a positive effect on your bottom line!
CORE Training Materials
CORE is a comprehensive set of instructional materials for teaching financial aid fundamentals to groups of individuals with less than two years of experience. Of the 14 CORE Modules available for 2013-14, only five modules will qualify your attendees to sit for a NASFAA University Credential Test. Additional modules/tests will be available in 2014-15.
Instructions for States/Regions:
- Application (beginner level)
- Cost of Attendance (beginner level)
- Federal Methodology (beginner level)
- Student Eligibility (Intermediate level)
- Return of Title IV (Intermediate level)
- Purchase CORE from NASFAA for your state or region.
- From the list above, identify the CORE modules you plan to offer and provide the list to Connie McCormick at NASFAA.
- Conduct the training using the CORE module materials as-is. If you make changes to the materials or eliminate sections, participants will not be prepared for the credential tests.
- At the conclusion of the boot camp/institute, send NASFAA a participant roster using the provided template. The template must be received within two weeks of the boot camp/institute.
Information for Your Participants:
- NASFAA will send each participant a discount voucher for the credential tests they have qualified to take.
- Participants must take the test(s) within 6 months of completing the boot camp/institute.
- Participants do not have to be NASFAA members; however, they must create a myNASFAA account in order to register for and take the credential test(s).
- Each test purchase includes two attempts to successfully complete the test. For additional details, please visit www.nasfaa.org/university.
Questions? Please contact Connie McCormick, Chief Training Officer, at email@example.com or (202) 785-6968, or Micah Jordan, Training Support Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 785-6940.