Earn Professional Credentials
Take your career to the next level with NASFAA Professional Credentials. This exciting new program provides a nationally-recognized standard in financial aid training and allows you to earn recognition for your mastery of content. A professional credential benefits you by:
- Expanding your student financial aid knowledge
- Improving your job performance and service to students
- Providing tangible evidence of your knowledge for employers
- Differentiating between you and less qualified personnel
- Giving you and your organization a competitive edge
What are the Credentials?
The NASFAA Testing Center offers student aid professionals an opportunity to receive credentials on the following topics:
- Return of Title IV Funds
- Student Eligibility
- Professional Judgment
- Application Process
- Federal Methodology
- Campus-Based Programs
- Federal Pell Grant
- Direct Loans
- Consumer Information
- Cash Management
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Administrative Capability
- Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grants
How Does it Work?
NASFAA University offers a rigorous training experience and evaluation process. Student aid professionals can qualify to sit for an examination in the following ways:
If you pass the examination, you will receive a certificate attesting to your achievement, for inclusion on your resume. If you sign up with the NASFAA Career Center as a candidate, your credentials will also be integrated into your Career Center profile to help you stand out in the crowd!
Who Can Participate?
This exciting program provides a nationally-recognized standard in financial aid training and allows you to earn professional credentials. It's great for:
- Beginning aid professionals who want to differentiate themselves from the pack
- Intermediate and experienced professionals who seek new opportunities and career advancement
If you're an employer, when your staff earns a credential, you can feel confident that he or she is trained to the highest industry standards. You can enjoy increased employee satisfaction by providing the opportunity to grow professionally, and ensure that employee training is consistent and measureable. When it's time to hire, visit our Career Center where it will be easy to locate credentialed candidates.
For More Information
More information about professional credentialing through NASFAA University will be announced shortly! Contact Membership Services with questions.