The National Student Financial Aid Council — the precursor to NASFAA — was formed 53 years ago on October 24, 1966. Our organization was founded, just after the Higher Education Act of 1965 was signed into law, because financial aid administrators understood that access to higher education has the ability to change people's lives for the better and recognized the need for an entity to aid in those efforts.
NASFAA’s operations and influence have grown and expanded over the years, largely due to the passion and commitment of financial aid administrators like you. What hasn’t changed is our commitment to the students we serve. Each year practicing financial aid administrators guide our efforts, set out strategic plans, and partner with NASFAA staff to fulfill our vision to shape the future by promoting access and success.
In 2018-19, more than 340 volunteers — 110 of whom were first-time volunteers — moved us one step closer to realizing that vision. In honor of our founding, we celebrate you, our members.
Here are some ways to join the celebration:
- Enter our Member Appreciation Social Media Raffle:
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and like or share/retweet our "Member Appreciation Day Raffle" posts. You'll get one entry for each platform on which you like our raffle post.
- Tag two financial aid administrators who have inspired you in the comments.
- On Wednesday, October 23, we'll randomly select one winner at random from each of the three social media platforms to win a pizza party for their office (NASFAA will reimburse $10 a person, up to $500), and a complimentary NASFAA webinar or online course of their choosing. We'll announce our 3 winners in Today's News on October 24.
- Check out our list of "10 Reasons Why NASFAA Members Are Awesome"
- Update your Facebook profile picture to include the "Financial Aid Administrator Rockstar" frame we created just for you!
- Go to facebook.com/profilepicframes.
- Select our custom frame from the menu by searching for "Financial Aid Rockstar".
- Select "Use as Profile Picture" to save the frame.
- Read through our recent Member Spotlight articles. These stories feature initiatives that our members have pursued that exceed the traditional scope of responsibilities of a financial aid office. If your university or financial aid office has taken on a project or unique efforts to help students, please reach out to us at email@example.com
Thank you for all that you do today, and every day, to help open doors to educational opportunity for students around the country.