Dates: January 9 - February 8, 2024
Price: $199.00 (Reduced rate of $199 for the 2023-24 award year and then $499 starting July 1, 2024)
- This facilitated, virtual experience will be led by NASFAA training staff members and currently certified FAACs.
- The online workshop is five weeks in length, featuring weekly 90-minute meetings hosted on Zoom for high-level review of the 12 content areas covered on the exam.
- Optional "Ask Me Anything" sessions will be hosted on Slack with a currently certified FAAC® on hand to discuss their experience.
- Independent review and supplemental work may be recommended to be completed on your own between meetings.
- Workshop participants will receive complimentary access to the exam preparation guide, a practice test (only available to workshop attendees), and the knowledge exam — a value of $525.
- Please note that previous purchases will not be refunded.
- For best results, workshop participants are strongly encouraged to sit for the knowledge exam during the two testing windows immediately following the workshop.
- Beta testing revealed group review increased the likelihood of success on the knowledge exam compared to independent study. Typically, 7 out of 10 candidates are successful through independent study. After attending a workshop, about 9 out of 10 candidates were successful.
Weekly online meetings will take place via Zoom from 3:30 - 5:00 p.m. ET between January 9 and February 8, 2024. Note that the last class is scheduled on Thursday, not on Tuesday.
- Tuesday, January 9, 2024*
- Tuesday, January 16, 2024
- Tuesday, January 23, 2024*
- Tuesday, January 30, 2024
- Thursday, February 8, 2024*
*Optional "Ask Me Anything" sessions on alternating Fridays from 1:00 - 1:30 p.m. ET in Slack.
To participate, you must be able to fully engage with the online-based meeting. This includes having a webcam or video input on your computer or device and having both a microphone and speakers for active audio participation. Sessions will depend on Zoom video conferencing software (zoom.us). You can use new or existing accounts for these services; they are not tied to any NASFAA account. To ensure the best possible experience, participants are strongly discouraged from participating by phone only.
Note: Weekly meetings will be recorded for those who develop unexpected conflicts during the 5-week period. However, live virtual attendance is strongly encouraged each week for dialogue and conversation as we discuss exam material.
Registrants will receive login and participation instructions via email shortly before the first session.