Our members are constantly going above and beyond to help their students succeed in higher education. These stories feature initiatives that our members have pursued that exceed the traditional scope of responsibilities of a financial aid office. If your university or financial aid office has taken on a project or unique efforts to help students, please reach out to us at [email protected].
Outstanding individuals, groups, associations, and institutions are recognized each year at the NASFAA National Conference for their achievements and contributions to the profession and to students.
View previous award winners
Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs)
NASFAA's Most Valuable Professional is a series that features a brief Q&A with a different NASFAA member every couple of weeks.
View our MVPs
Movers & Shakers
NASFAA members are always moving ahead, whether enhancing their skills in their current roles, accepting promotions or job changes, or discovering new pathways as retirees.
View recent Movers & Shakers
Recent Member Spotlight Articles
- January 11, 2021 - NYSFAAA's Focus on Webinars Pays Off During the Pandemic
- November 24, 2020 - Stony Brook's Financial Aid Office Finds Time Amid Pandemic to Focus on Credentials
- November 3, 2020 - The Pandemic Has Changed How Financial Aid Offices Communicate With Students
- April 1, 2020 - Southeast Tech Puts Unused Medical Equipment to Good Use
- March 2, 2020 - Rice University Invests in Students in the Middle
- December 10, 2019 - Des Moines Area Community College Works to Build Trust and Engagement With Spanish-Speaking Students and Families
- November 8, 2019 - American University's Food Pantry Battles Student Food Insecurity Daily, Year-Round
- October 7, 2019 - Colorado Mountain College's Income Share Agreement Program Offers Interest-Free Option for DACA Students
- September 24, 2019 - St. Petersburg College Aims to Prove That Financial Aid Works
- July 25, 2019 - Tallahassee Community College Finds Low-Cost Way to Train Financial Aid Administrators
- April 16, 2019 - KASFAA Committee Looking to Make Post-FAFSA Filing Training Available Statewide After Successful Pilot
- March 21, 2019 - University of Utah Hosts Open House to Curb "Verification Melt"
- February 26, 2019 - Liberty University Opens Scholarship to Help Middle-Income Students
- February 6, 2019 - University of Pittsburgh Creates "Forward"-Thinking Financial Aid Program
- September 28, 2018 - Colorado Mountain College Pilots Program to Help "DREAMers" Complete Degrees
- June 21, 2018 - University of San Diego Financial Aid Office Sticks Its Nose Out for Childhood Poverty
- June 14, 2018 - First Report on Amarillo College Poverty Initiative Yields Positive Results, Cultural Shift
- April 25, 2018 - Food Insecurity: Colleges Step Up When Federal Funds, Social Programs Fall Short
- March 28, 2018 - University of Texas System Partners with Census Bureau to Collect Data on Graduates' Earnings