We are regularly engaged in advocacy, public policy and research to support our mission: promoting programs that remove financial barriers and ensure student access to postsecondary education. Together, the tools of advocacy, policy, and research allow us to respond effectively to pending legislation, provide ideas for new legislative and policy proposals, and to promote policy objectives in a methodologically sound manner.
We encourage NASFAA members to take action in support of the federal student aid programs and provide tools and resources to support federal advocacy:
- The NASFAA Legislative Tracker provides student financial aid administrators with a comprehensive look at legislation introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives and in the U.S. Senate during this session of Congress.
- Making Financial Aid Work for All details NASFAA priorities for 2017 and beyond.
- The Federal Budget & Appropriations Page explains the federal budget and appropriations process and includes the latest news regarding student aid funding.
- Our Advocacy Pipeline functions to bring Financial Aid Administrators to Capitol Hill regularly to present their perspectives to lawmakers.
- NASFAA on the Record archives official NASFAA positions, testimony, comments, and correspondence.