What are Self-Study Guides?
Designed for the self-paced learner, NASFAA Self-Study Guides enable independent study and include quizzes, learning activities, and self-evaluation, delivered in PDF or e-Reader format. Self-Study Guides are updated annually.
How much do the Self-Study Guides cost?
NASFAA U Self-Study Guides start at $119 for members. See the individual topics for member and non-member pricing.
What formats are available for Self-Study Guides?
Self-Study Guides are available as PDFs, or an interactive e-Reader format, through the RedShelf platform.
How do I get started using the RedShelf e-Reader platform?
- Go to the app store for your device and find the "RedShelf eReader" app, or scan this QR code >>
- Upon download, request a password reset using the email address used for your myNASFAA account.
- Follow the link to reset your password. We recommend using the same one used for myNASFAA, but it's not required. The password needs to have at least one capital letter, a number, a symbol, and a minimum of 8 characters.
- Upon password change and login, your titles will be available in the app.
What are the features of the e-Reader format?
The e-Reader format offers you the ability to highlight, take notes, and create flashcards right in your Self-Study Guide. To learn more, visit RedShelf's Overview page.
How do I access my Self-Study Guides as PDFs?
Visit our File Access Center to access the Self-Study Guides available to you.
Who has access to the Self-Study Guides?
All Self-Study Guide purchases are available to all members of your roster. To share these documents with colleagues, direct them to login and visit the File Access Center. If they aren't on your roster, they can create an account to be included.
Which Self-Study Guides are included with my institution’s NASFAA Membership?
- The Standard Member Package does not include any Self-Study Guides; however, it does include a discount price for each guide.
- The Value Member Package includes six topics: Overview of the Financial Aid Process, Application Process, Student Eligibility, Cost of Attendance, Need Analysis: Federal & Institutional, and Verification.
- The Value Plus Member Package includes all 17 topics.