To earn this credential, you will need to know the eligibility requirements and awarding parameters for the Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program. You also will need to know when recalculations are required, the counseling requirements, and the consequences of not completing the service obligation. This will help you demonstrate the ability to accurately and appropriately award these funds to eligible students, thereby ensuring the equitable distribution of federal financial aid funding.
The range of topics in this test include:
Tests may include questions pertaining to a variety of program structures, such as credit- or clock-hour, term or nonterm, standard or nonstandard term, undergraduate or graduate/professional programs, and programs of various length (shorter than one year, two-year, four-year, certificate, etc.).
All tests will include a combination of multiple-choice and scenario-based questions. Some questions may involve viewing or downloading worksheets, charts, and tables. Please ensure you have a calculator available while taking a credential test.
Review the following examples, which are similar in structure and scope to the questions that will appear on the test for this topic. Check your answers by selecting the question's link.
1. Which of the following is NOT a high-need field identified in the law authorizing the TEACH Grant program?
2. Without a qualifying 75th percentile score on any single battery of nationally normed standardized postsecondary admissions test, a student must achieve a cumulative GPA of at least a __________, or its numeric equivalent, to be eligible for each disbursement of a TEACH Grant award.
3. Before receiving a TEACH Grant, a student must complete which of the following requirements on the TEACH Grant website?
4. A TEACH Grant recipient must complete at least __________ of completing the course of study for which a TEACH Grant was received.
5. According to the Agreement to Serve, TEACH Grant recipients who are fulfilling their service requirement must provide certification of service from the chief administrative officer of the school or educational service agency
Prepare for this test by reviewing related content in resources such as: