This web center was created to keep NASFAA members and the financial aid community updated on pertinent news related to the coronavirus. Future COVID19-related webinars and all AskRegs Knowledgebase Q&As will be available exclusively to NASFAA members. Not a NASFAA member yet? Join today.
Please note, many of the resources on this page remain open to the public. Check back often as this page is updated daily.
NASFAA Articles & Statements
See All NASFAA COVID-19 News Coverage
NASFAA "Off The Cuff" Podcast Episodes
See All "Off The Cuff" Episodes
NASFAA Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) Reference Page
Department of Education guidance on the use of Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) funds is changing on an almost daily basis. This reference page, which provides fast facts and frequently asked questions and answers on the student portion of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, was developed to assist financial aid administrators and other offices on college campuses in making decisions about the distribution of these funds. Check back often as NASFAA will continue to update this reference page as any new guidance becomes available.
See HEERF-Student Funds Reference Page
NASFAA AskRegs Questions & Answers
NASFAA's AskRegs Knowledgebase consists of financial aid-related questions submitted by NASFAA members and corresponding answers provided by NASFAA staff. As of July 1, 2020, all COVID-19 Q&As are available exclusively to NASFAA members. If you are a NASFAA member, please log in to AskRegs and enter "COVID-19" in the search bar to find all coronavirus-related questions and answers. Check back often; new questions get submitted and answered every day.
Access AskRegs Knowledgebase| AskRegs COVID-19 Questions
Not a NASFAA member? Join now to access the AskRegs Knowledgebase.
The following webinars are free of charge to NASFAA members and non-members and available on demand.
See All NASFAA Webinars
Department of Education & Congressional References
- Comment Request; CARES Act 18004(a)(3) Budget and Expenditure Reporting
- ED Updates 2016 Handbook for Campus Safety and Security Reporting
- 10-6: COVID-19 Title IV Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Website Update
- 10-2: ED Publishes Third Round of HEERF Frequently Asked Questions
- Supplemental Frequently Asked Questions under Section 18004 of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- 9-23: COD System Implementation Information for Additional COD System Changes to Support the CARES Act – Phase Two
- Notice of Waivers Granted Under Section 3511 of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Senate Bill Aims to Provide College Students a Financial Safety Net for Unanticipated Events
- Agency Information Collection Activities; Comment Request; CARES Act 18004(a)(3) Discretionary Grant Application
- Senate Democrats Urge for Data Collection of COVID-19 Cases Linked to Higher Ed
- 8-21: Updated Deadlines for Flexibilities Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Senate GOP's 'Skinny' Coronavirus Relief Bill Mirrors HEALS Act
- ED Releases Updated Guidance on HEERF Deadline to Spend Funds
- 7-30: Additional COD System Implementation Information for COD System Changes to Support the CARES Act
- 7-24: Email Reminder About COVID-19 Relief Measures to In-School Borrowers July 27–31, 2020
- August 1 Application Deadline for HEERF Funds Approaching
- Alexander Proposes Extending CARES Act Student Loan Deferment for Borrowers With No Income
- Congressional Democrats Call for Oversight of ED's Execution of Coronavirus Aid
- 7-10: Additional Regulatory Flexibilities Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 7-10: Update on Required CARES Act Quarterly Reporting
- New Bill Would Give Low-Income Students Stimulus Checks
- Former ED Secretary Urges Congress to Bridge Racial Inequalities in Higher Ed Exacerbated by Coronavirus
- Sens. Murray, Wyden Push for Public Outreach on Economic Impact Payments
- ED Removes Handbook Reference to Professional Judgment Guidance
- ED Officially Publishes Interim Final Rule on CARES Act Emergency Grants
- Senate Democrats Pen Letter Urging $47 Billion in Aid for Higher Ed
- Bipartisan Group of Senators Urge ED to Make FAFSA Changes
- Updated Guidance for Interruptions of Study Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Cost Concerns Lead House Democrats to Scale Back on Aid Package
- ED Says Over 50,000 Borrowers Still Having Wages Garnished
- ED Releases Additional CARES Act Funding for HBCUs, MSIs, Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities
- ED Announces FY 2017 Cohort Default Rate Deadline Modification and Update on Federal Work-Study Community Service Waivers Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Recipient's Funding Certification and Agreement for the Institutional Portion of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Institutional Portion of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund of the CARES Act
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
- CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Certification Agreement Form
- CARES Act Institutional Allocations from Department of Education
- ED UPDATED Guidance for Interruptions of Study Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- ED Guidance for Interruptions of Study Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Letter to College and University Presidents on CARES Act Funding
- March 11 Electronic Announcement: Issuance of Dear CPA Letter CPA-20-01, Site Visit Exemption During COVID-19 Outbreak
- ED Coronavirus Q&A: Forbearance Info for Students, Borrowers, and Parents
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
NASFAA in the News
For an up-to-date list of news articles in which NASFAA spokespeople have been quoted, please visit our NASFAA In the News webpage.
NASFAA Advocacy and Work
NASFAA On the Record
See all NASFAA COVID-19 On the Record letters
NASFAA Members Additional Resources
This NASFAA COVID-19 Web Center is made possible thanks to the dues paid annually by NASFAA members at nearly 3,000 colleges, universities, and career schools across the country. Not a NASFAA member yet? Join today to gain access to member-only benefits and help fund more content for the financial aid community at nasfaa.org/Join_NASFAA.