Return of Title IV Funds
This guide gives an overview of the provisions and examines how to handle a student's Title IV funds when they withdraw from school before completing the payment period or period of enrollment. In addition, the guide teaches you how to properly identify a Title IV recipient and the formula associated with the return of Title IV funds. Completion of this self-study guide qualifies individuals to take the corresponding NASFAA Professional Credential test.
Available in PDF Only.
Upon purchase, you'll have access to download the PDF from the NASFAA website. This PDF is available until June 30, 2022.
Free (Value Plus Members)
Lesson 1: Introduction to Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4)
- Recognize the general requirements for the return of Title IV funds;
- Understand when the return of Title IV funds requirements apply;
- Distinguish when the return of Title IV funds requirements don’t apply; and
- Understand when a student is considered to have withdrawn from different types of academic programs.
Lesson 2: Determining the Withdrawal Date
- Recognize the importance of properly assigning a withdrawal date when calculating the return of Title IV funds;
- Know how schools determine the withdrawal date depending upon whether or not they are required to take attendance;
- Identify the different types of withdrawals;
- Know how withdrawals are handled in programs offered in modules; and
- Understand Title IV approved leaves of absence.
Lesson 3: Return of Title IV Funds Formula
- Recognize and understand the steps of the return of Title IV funds formula when disbursed aid exceeds earned aid
Lesson 4: Post-Withdrawal Disbursements and Time Frames
- Recognize and understand the steps of the return of Title IV funds formula when earned aid exceeds disbursed aid.