The National Student Financial Aid Council — the precursor to NASFAA — was formed on October 24, 1966. Our organization was founded, just after the Higher Education Act of 1965 was signed into law, because financial aid administrators understood that access to higher education has the ability to change people's lives for the better and recognized the need for an entity to aid in those efforts.
NASFAA's operations and influence have grown and expanded over the years, largely due to the passion and commitment of financial aid administrators like you. What hasn't changed is our commitment to the students we serve. Each year practicing financial aid administrators guide our efforts, set out strategic plans, and partner with NASFAA staff to fulfill our vision to shape the future by promoting access and success.
A Message from NASFAA President, Justin Draeger
More Ways to Join the Celebration
- Enjoy and share our 13 Reasons Why NASFAA Members Are Awesome article.
- Read through our recent Most Valuable Professional (MVP) articles. Do you know a financial aid colleague with something interesting to say? Send the names of potential future MVPs and a short note about why you're nominating them to [email protected].
- Check out NASFAA's Movers & Shakers. NASFAA members are always moving ahead, whether enhancing their skills in their current roles, accepting promotions or job changes, or discovering new pathways as retirees.
- Take a look back at past member spotlight Today's News articles. These stories feature initiatives that our members have pursued that exceed the traditional scope of responsibilities of a financial aid office. If your college or financial aid office has taken on a project or unique efforts to help students, please reach out to us at [email protected] the possibility to be featured in a future article.
- Our members are the lifeblood of our organization and we truly appreciate all the time, effort, thought, and energy all of our volunteer task force members have put in over the past year. Review the full list of 2021-22 task forces and their members and join us in thanking them for their service.
Thank you for all that you do today, and every day, to help open doors to educational opportunity for students around the country.