This web center has been created to keep NASFAA members and the financial aid community updated on pertinent news related to the coronavirus (COVID-19). This web center is updated daily with new items marked as *NEW*.
NASFAA Articles & Statements
See All NASFAA COVID-19 News Coverage
The following webinars are available on demand, free of charge to NASFAA members and non-members.
See All NASFAA Webinars
NASFAA "Off The Cuff" Podcast Episodes
See All "Off The Cuff" Episodes
NASFAA Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) Reference Page
Department of Education guidance on the use of Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) funds is changing on an almost daily basis. This reference page, which provides fast facts and frequently asked questions and answers on the student portion of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund, was developed to assist financial aid administrators and other offices on college campuses in making decisions about the distribution of these funds. Check back often as NASFAA will continue to update this reference page as any new guidance becomes available.
See HEERF-Student Funds Reference Page
NASFAA AskRegs Questions & Answers
NASFAA's AskRegs Knowledgebase consists of financial aid-related questions submitted by NASFAA members and corresponding answers provided by NASFAA staff. While AskRegs is available exclusively to NASFAA members, in an effort to keep the entire higher education community informed in the midst of this pandemic, NASFAA has made all AskRegs questions and answers related to COVID-19 available to the public. Check back often; we are making frequent updates as new questions get submitted and answered.
See All COVID-19 AskRegs Questions
Department of Education & Congressional References
- Bipartisan Group of Senators Urge ED to Make FAFSA Changes
- Updated Guidance for Interruptions of Study Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Cost Concerns Lead House Democrats to Scale Back on Aid Package
- ED Says Over 50,000 Borrowers Still Having Wages Garnished
- ED Releases Additional CARES Act Funding for HBCUs, MSIs, Tribally Controlled Colleges and Universities
- ED Announces FY 2017 Cohort Default Rate Deadline Modification and Update on Federal Work-Study Community Service Waivers Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Recipient's Funding Certification and Agreement for the Institutional Portion of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Institutional Portion of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund of the CARES Act
- Frequently Asked Questions About the Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students
- CARES Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Certification Agreement Form
- CARES Act Institutional Allocations from Department of Education
- April 3, 2020: ED UPDATED Guidance for Interruptions of Study Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 5, 2020: ED Guidance for Interruptions of Study Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Letter to College and University Presidents on CARES Act Funding
- March 11 Electronic Announcement: Issuance of Dear CPA Letter CPA-20-01, Site Visit Exemption During COVID-19 Outbreak
- ED Coronavirus Q&A: Forbearance Info for Students, Borrowers, and Parents
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
NASFAA in the News
For an up-to-date list of news articles in which NASFAA spokespeople have been quoted, please visit our NASFAA In the News webpage.
NASFAA On the Record
See all NASFAA On the Record letters
This NASFAA COVID-19 Web Center is made possible thanks to the dues paid annually by NASFAA members at nearly 3,000 colleges, universities, and career schools across the country. Not a NASFAA member yet? Join today to gain access to member-only benefits and help fund more content for the financial aid community at nasfaa.org/Join_NASFAA.